If Stripe has been configured in your marketplace, providers need to add their bank account details to receive money from buyers.
This is free, happens within the marketplace, takes only a few seconds, and enables payments for their listings immediately.
As an admin, you can also be a provider if you post listings, and you should add your own bank account details too.
How providers should add their bank account details
To add their bank details, providers should:
- log in their account in your marketplace
- from the top bar, go to their user settings
- go to the Payments tab (this tab is visible only if admins have configured Stripe correctly from the Admin panel)
- possibly select a Bank account (in case PayPal is enabled too)
- fill the form to add their bank details: their legal name, their country, their address, and their bank account number (the format varies based on their country)
- save their bank details
That's it! A success message should now be visible, and providers can now sell in your marketplace and receive money when a transaction happens.
Is there any risk to add bank details?
No. Sharetribe doesn't store this data (it is hosted at Stripe), and providers will not be charged anything.