The following steps occur in a paid transaction processed by Stripe in a Sharetribe Go marketplace:
- The seller posts a listing and defines a price for the product or service.
- The buyer opens the listing page, selects options (dates with an end date up to 85 days from now, shipping, quantity...), and clicks on the "Buy" button (or whatever name you've configured).
- On the following page, the buyer reviews the details of the purchase and inputs their credit card details. The payment happens immediately.
- Once the payment is made, the buyer is taken to a page that displays the transaction details. They are told that the seller needs to accept the transaction before the money is transferred.
- The seller gets an email notification of a new transaction that needs to be accepted. If the transaction is not accepted within 3 days or before the end date (whichever comes first), the transaction is canceled, and no money is transferred. Once accepted, the money is captured from the buyer's card, and funds are put on hold. Both parties get a receipt of the transaction via email.
- If the marketplace administrator has set a commission for the marketplace, the commission is scheduled to be paid to the administrator bank account configured in Stripe. That payout will happen according to Stripe's schedule (about 5 to 10 business days).
- Both users can then discuss freely to agree on details.
- Buyer or Admin marks the order as completed (users have met, the product is delivered...), or the order is automatically marked as completed according to the marketplace settings. Money is then moved from the Stripe balance to the seller account.
- Stripe transfers the money from the Stripe balance to the seller's bank account. Stripe takes about 7 days to move the money.
- Users can then review each other.
Even if the transaction is marked as completed immediately, the money will appear in the seller's bank account after a minimum of 7 days.
As an admin, from your Stripe dashboard, you can check the status of payouts for Connected accounts: Stripe shares estimated payout dates there too.