The following instructions only apply to Sharetribe marketplaces.
If you don't have a Sharetribe website, these instructions won't apply and you should contact your own service provider.
When you setup Facebook Login or change it and have made a mistake you will get an error message when signing in or login in with Facebook. There are different error messages depending on what the issue is.
In this article, we show you how to solve the error message “Can't load URL: The domain of this URL isn't included in the app's domains. To be able to load this URL, add all domains and sub-domains of your app to the App Domains field in your app settings.“
If you have not yet set it up for your marketplace yet and need the instructions or wondering what Facebook Login is you can find the information in this article.
What is causing the error?
The error message displays because a field in the Facebook Login app has invalid information.
The error message informs about what the issue is: Can't load URL: The domain of this URL isn't included in the app's domains. To be able to load this URL..."
This is easily fixed.
To start with go to Facebook's developers page:
- Go to https://developers.facebook.com/.
- Log in
- Go to the app you created for your marketplace. Don't have one yet? Create one with the help of these instructions.
- Click on “Settings”
- Click on “Basic”
The field you need to edit is “App Domains”.
Fixing the error:
The domain you have added in "App domains" is somehow incorrect. The reasons could be it is the wrong domain, misspelled or in the wrong format.
Here follows the specifications:
The domain should be without "https" or "www" or "subdomain":
- For your custom domain (in the Pro/Growth/Scale plan), the domain could be: "mygreatmarketplace.com"
- For your Sharetribe subdomain (in a trial, Starter or Hobby plan), the domain could be: "mygreatmarketplace.sharetribe.com"
- The recommendation is that if you are moving between a Sharetribe subdomain and your custom domain you add both there, however in some cases this can be the issue itself. Test with removing your old domain and only use the new domain
Make sure it is spelled correctly.
After you have done the changes click the save button at the bottom right. Go to your marketplace and check if the Facebook login has started to work.
I still get the error
If it is still showing the same error and you have checked that it should be correct? Please contact our support and we will help you out. When you do, we would appreciate that you:
- Tell us the error message you receive
- Take a screenshot of the page in you Facebook app so that we can take a look
How to set up Facebook Login
In a Sharetribe marketplace, users can sign up and login using their Facebook account. This works without a setup on the trial but have to be none if you use your own domain.
We provide the instructions for how to set up Facebook Login in a separate article.