Note that the following instructions only apply to Sharetribe marketplaces.
When you set up Facebook Login or change it and have made a mistake in the setup, you will get an error message when signing in or login in with Facebook. There are different error messages depending on what the issue is.
In this article, we show you how to solve the error message “URL blocked: This redirect failed because the redirect URI is not white-listed in the app's client OAuth settings. Make sure that the client and web OAuth logins are on and add all your app domains as valid OAuth redirect URIs.“
If you have not yet set it up, need the instructions or wondering what Facebook Login is you can find the information in this article.
What is causing the error?
The error message displays because a field in the Facebook Login app has invalid information.
The error message tells what the issue is: "URL blocked: This redirect failed because the redirect URI is not white-listed in the app's client OAuth settings. Make sure that the client and web OAuth logins are on and add all your app domains as valid OAuth redirect URIs."
This is easily fixed.
To start with go to the right page:
- Go to https://developers.facebook.com/.
- Log in
- Go to the app you created for your marketplace. Don't have one yet? Create one with the help of these instructions.
- Click on “Facebook Login”
- Click on “Settings”
The field you need to edit is “Valid OAuth redirect URIs”.
Fixing the error:
- In the "Valid OAuth redirect URIs" field add your marketplace address followed by /people/auth/facebook/callback :
- - If you are on a Pro/Growth/Scale plan, it could be: "https://www.mygreatmarketplace.com/people/auth/facebook/callback" or "https://something.mygreatmarketplace.com/people/auth/facebook/callback"".
- - If you are on a trial, Starter or Hobby plan, it could be: "https://mygreatmarketplace.sharetribe.com/people/auth/facebook/callback"
- Check that the section "Deauthorize / Deauthorize Callback URL" is empty.
- Click "Save Changes".
After you have done this go to your marketplace and check if the Facebook login has started to work.
Still get the error?
If it is still showing the same error and you have checked that it should be correct? Please contact our support and we will help you out. When you do, we would appreciate that you:
- Tell us the error message you receive
- Take a screenshot of the page in your Facebook app so that we can take a look
How to set up Facebook Login
In a Sharetribe marketplace, users can sign up and login using their Facebook account. This works without a setup on the trial but have to be none if you use your own domain.
We provide the instructions for how to set up Facebook Login in a separate article if you have not done it already