Follow these instructions to set up your own domain for your marketplace when using iwantmyname as your registrar. You will need to configure your DNS records and make your domain name point to Sharetribe servers. Note that it may take up to 48 hours before these changes work across the internet.
After your DNS settings have been updated, visit the "General / Domain" page on your Admin panel to check them and start using your custom domain.
You can also read the official iwantmyname documentation if needed.
Please note that the following instructions only apply to marketplaces under a Pro or above subscription.
- Log in to your iwantmyname account.
- Select your domain and open to the Domains tab, followed by the DNS tab.
- For hostname, enter the subdomain of your marketplace ("www" or another subdomain).
- Select "A" from the Type dropdown menu.
- Enter "18.104.22.168" or "22.214.171.124" (pick the one you prefer!) in the value field.
- Add "3600" as the TTL.
- Click the "Add" button.
- Click the "Save DNS settings" button.
If you have further questions, don't hesitate to contact iwantmyname's support team. You can also contact our support team and we will be happy to help, but you might be able to receive more specialized support from their team.