Follow these instructions to setup your own domain for your marketplace when using iwantmyname as your registrar. You will need to configure your DNS records and make your domain name point to Sharetribe servers. Note that it may take up to 48 hours before these changes work across the internet. Also note that there are further manual steps that we need to do on our side in order to complete the setup process, so it is important for you to let us know once you have done these changes.
You can also read the official iwantmyname documentation, if needed.
Please note that the following instructions only applies to marketplaces under a Pro or above subscription.
- Log in to your iwantmyname account.
- Select your domain and open to the Domains tab, followed by the DNS tab.
- For hostname, enter the subdomain of your marketplace ("www" or another subdomain).
- Select "A" from the Type dropdown menu.
- Enter "18.104.22.168" or "22.214.171.124" (pick the one you prefer!) in the value field.
- Add "3600" as the TTL.
- Click the "Add" button.
- Click the "Save DNS settings" button.
If you have further questions, don't hesitate to contact iwantmyname's support team. You can also contact our support team and we will be happy to help, but you might be able to receive more specialized support from their team.