Follow these instructions to set up your own domain for your marketplace when using SiteGround as your registrar. You will need to configure your DNS records and make your domain name point to Sharetribe servers. Note that it may take up to 48 hours before these changes work across the internet.
After your DNS settings have been updated, visit the "General / Domain" page on your Admin panel to check them and start using your custom domain.
You can also read the official SiteGround documentation if needed.
Please note that the following instructions only apply to marketplaces under a Pro or above subscription.
- Log in to your SiteGround account.
- Click on the "My Accounts" tab.
- Click on the red "Go to CPanel" button at the top-left of the page.
- Once CPanel loads, in the top box, labeled "Domains", click on "Advanced DNS Zone Editor".
- Select the domain you wish to edit from the drop-down.
- In the "Zone File Records" box, locate the line which shows your domain with a full-stop afterward and is of type "A" (probably the top one), then click on "Edit".
- Change the "Address" to "220.127.116.11" or "18.104.22.168" (pick the one you prefer!).
- Click on "Edit Record" to confirm.
If you have further questions, don't hesitate to contact SiteGround's support team. You can also contact our support team, and we will be happy to help, but you might be able to receive more specialized support from their team.