You can access them by clicking the "About" link in your top bar.
These pages have example content that you are encouraged to change to match your marketplace’s needs.
This article covers the following:
- How to edit a static page
- Edit in HTML mode
- Add image
- Add video
- Add text in different languages on a multilingual marketplace
FAQ with answers:
- Can I rename a page?
- Can I delete a page?
- How do I add a page link to the top bar?
- Can I add additional pages to my marketplace?
- Can I add a blog or forum to my marketplace?
Pages included in your marketplace
How to edit a page?
To edit a page, visit your Admin panel, then go to "General> Static content" and edit the page you want to update.
You can either use the visual editor or the HTML editor to edit the page contents. The visual editor is in use by default. On the top bar in the edit mode, you have basic text editing options.
Once you have edited a page, remember to save the changes! The save button is located on the far left upper corner of the “text edit options”.
How to make HTML changes?
To edit an HTML page, click the “<>” icon in the top bar. If you are not familiar with editing in HTML, you can find a lot of instructions online. If you wish to know the basics, w3schools.com is a good place to start and find answers to the most common changes needed.
How to add an image?
There are two ways to add an image:
- Find the image on your computer
- Drag and drop it to the section of the text you wish to place an image in. The image will keep its original size.
- Click "Media" from the top bar.
- In the URL field of the Images part, add the link to your image.
If you use this method, you will have to store your image on a third-party service and add your picture's direct address. The displayed image will be the size of the original image.
Here you can read more about how to add and resize an image on a static page.
How to add a video?
To find out how to add a video, please read the detailed instructions from this article.
How to add text in different languages on a multilingual marketplace?
If you use more than one language on your marketplace, you can add a version of the text on each language's pages.
To add a version for a specific language:
- Change the marketplace language to the language you wish to edit the page in.
- Go to the page in question and follow the instructions in the sections above, which discuss how to edit a static page.
ANSWERS TO FAQ:
Can I rename a page?
Currently, it’s unfortunately not possible to rename static pages. There are ways to work around this, though. On the page itself at the top, you can add a heading of your own choice. Also, if you link to the page from the top bar, you can name the link however you like.
Can I delete a page?
You can't remove a page, but you can disable it, so it does not show in your Top Bar. To do it you need to go to Admin panel> Design> Top bar and untick the pages you want to not show in the "Show in the Top bar" section.
Instead, we recommend consulting a legal specialist to help you with this and give you more accurate and specific information. You can also check the Termsfeed service to find some useful templates.
How to add a page link to the top bar?
- Go to “Design> Top bar” in your Admin panel
- Click on the "Add a new link to menu" option
- Fill in the link's name and add a URL to indicate where the link will be pointing.
Internal links will open in the same browser tab, while external links will open in a new tab.
Can I add additional pages to my marketplace?
At this time, you, unfortunately, cannot add additional pages hosted on the marketplace. However, you can link to pages hosted elsewhere, for example, your blog or another website. See the previous section on how to add a link.
Can I add a blog to my marketplace?
We do not offer a blog function, but you can link to the blog of your choice.