You can access them by clicking the "About" link in your top bar.
These pages have example content that you are encouraged to change to match your marketplace’s needs.
This article covers the following:
- How to edit a static page
- Edit in HTML mode
- Add image
- Add video
- Add text in different languages on a multilingual
FAQ with answers:
- Can I rename a page?
- Can I delete a page?
- How do I add a page link to the top bar?
- Can I add additional pages to my marketplace?
- Can I add a blog or forum to my marketplace?
Pages included in your marketplace
How to edit a page
To edit a page, visit your Admin panel, then go to "General / Static content" and edit the page you want to update.
You can either use the visual editor or the HTML editor to edit the page contents. The visual editor is in use by default. On the top bar in the edit mode, you have basic text editing options.
Once you have edited the page, remember to save the changes! The save button is located on the far left side of the “text edit options” section at the top.
HOW TO DO CHANGES IN HTML
To edit a page in HTML mode, click the “<>” icon in the top bar. If you are not familiar with editing in HTML, you can find a lot of instructions online. If you wish to know the basics, w3schools.com is a good place to start and find answers to the most common changes needed.
HOW TO ADD AN IMAGE
There are two ways to add an image:
- Find the image on your computer
- Drag it to the place in the text you wish to place it. The image will keep its original size.
- Click "Media" from the top bar.
- In the URL field of the Images part, add the link to your image.
- If you use this method you will have to store your image on a third-party service and add the direct address of your picture. The displayed image will be the size of the original image.
Here you can read more about how to add and resize an image on a page.
HOW TO ADD A VIDEO
To find out how to add a video, please read the detailed instructions from this article.
ADD TEXT IN DIFFERENT LANGUAGES ON A MULTILINGUAL MARKETPLACE
If you have more than one language on your marketplace you can add a version of the text on the pages for each language.
To add a version for a language:
- Change the marketplace language to the language you wish to edit the page in.
- Go to the page in question and follow the instruction in the section above this one "How to edit a page".
ANSWERS TO FAQ:
Can I rename a page?
Currently, it’s unfortunately not possible to rename pages. There are ways to around this, though. On the page itself at the top, you can add a heading of your own choice. Also, if you link to the page from the top bar, you can name the link however you like.
Can I delete a page?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to delete a page at the moment. However, you can try hiding it with some custom script. You can read more about using custom script in this other article.
How to add a page link to the top bar
- Go to “Design / Top bar” in your Admin panel
- Click on the "Add a new link to menu" option
- Fill in the name of the link and add a URL to indicate where the link will be pointing.
Internal links will open in the same tab, while external links will open in a new tab.
Can I add additional pages to my marketplace?
At this time, you, unfortunately, cannot add additional pages hosted on the marketplace. However, you can link to pages hosted elsewhere, for example on your blog or on your website. See the previous section on how to add the link.
Can I add a blog to my marketplace?
We do not offer a blog function but you can link to the blog of your choice.