Sharetribe offers a 30-day free trial to try out the platform and its features.
You can start your free trial on our Go product page by clicking the “Start a free 30-day trial” button. In a couple of minutes, you have your very own marketplace!
This article answers the following questions:
- What is included in the trial?
- Can I use my own domain during the trial?
- How long do I have left on trial?
- What happens when the trial ends?
- What happens when I move to a subscription from the trial?
What is included in the trial?
In the trial, you get all features and settings that we offer. The three things that are not included are the possibility to use your own domain, your own email address, and a custom footer. During the trial, your marketplace will have Sharetribe branding. To use your own domain and email and to remove Sharetribe branding, you need to subscribe to the Pro plan or above. With the Pro plan, you can have a white label marketplace.
Can I use my own domain during the trial?
Using your own domain is a service we only offer once you have subscribed to the pro plan. Adding your own domain, using your own outgoing email, and removing all Sharetribe branding is part of the Pro subscription or above. However, you do have the option to set up a redirection (without domain forwarding) from your custom domain to your Sharetribe marketplace. Your users will still see the Sharetribe name in the address, but you can already start to promote your own domain.
How long do I have left on trial?
You can see how much time you have left on your trial if you go to your Admin panel's Subscription page. On the left-hand side, it will tell you how many days you have until your trial ends.
What happens when I move to a subscription from the trial?
When you are ready to start a subscription, you can subscribe to one of our plans.
As soon as the payment is made, the subscription is active. There is no downtime, no loss of information or data.
When you have subscribed, you will get a confirmation email. If you subscribe to the Pro plan or above, you will get an email asking which domain you would like to use for your marketplace. Once you let us know, we will send further instructions for the domain setup. Please note that Sharetribe does not provide domain hosting: we only offer help in setting one up. You need to use a domain you own or purchase one.
What happens when the trial ends?
When the trial ends, you will still be able to go to your marketplace. However, you will not be able to log in to the marketplace or go to the Admin panel. Visitors can still see the home page and view listings, but they cannot sign up or log in.
When the trial ends, you have two options: 1. let it expire or 2. subscribe to a paid plan.
- If you let your trial expire, you will no longer be able to login to your marketplace. This is the option if you do not wish to continue with your marketplace.
- If you wish to continue with your marketplace, you need to subscribe to one of our paid plans. Before the trial ends, you can do this from the Subscription page in your Admin panel. Once the trial has ended, you can subscribe by clicking on the "Choose a plan" button that appears when you log in to your marketplace as admin.