A smooth and easy sign-up process can make all the difference when you’re working to grow your marketplace’s user base.
You can allow your users to use their Google, Facebook, or LinkedIn accounts to sign up and log in to your Sharetribe Go marketplace. This way, their email and password are always available.
Enable Google/Facebook/LinkedIn sign-up options
To enable these options:
- Go to the "Users / Signup & Login" page of your Admin panel
- Scroll down to the "Facebook Login" or "Google Sign-In" or "LinkedIn Sign In" sections
- Enable the option "Allow users to log in with their Google/Facebook/LinkedIn account" for each social media login you want to use
- Follow the instructions to add your dedicated App/Project keys. You can find links to these instructions below
- Remember to "Save settings"
You can find specific instructions below for configuring:
What happens when a third party sign up option is disabled?
The only parameter that this affects is that your users will no longer see the possibility to sign up or log in with that service via a dedicated button within the signup or login page.
This only affects login and signup.
If some of your users have already signed up to the marketplace via Facebook, they will still be able to login to your marketplace. They will need to use their Google/Facebook/LinkedIn email address and use the password recovery feature to create a new password. Once they have a new password, they can use their username or email address to connect to your marketplace.