Sometimes you need more information about your users for internal purposes or want to show more information in the user's profile. It is possible by adding custom User Fields. You can ask for this information upon registration or simply make it available in the profile settings for users to fill in whenever they want. You can also decide if you want to make this information public or keep it private for internal uses.
How does it work?
Create and edit user fields
To create new user Fields, you should:
- log in your marketplace as an administrator,
- go to the Admin panel,
- open the "Users / User fields" page,
- choose a field type from the "Add new field" dropdown or edit an existing one,
- configure it and save.
The field will be created immediately.
You can create a different type of user fields:
- Text: users can add some free text in this field.
- Number: users can add some numeric value in this field, you can decide to allow decimals or not and set up a minimum and maximum value.
- Dropdown: users can select one value from a list you defined.
- Checkbox group: users can select one or more values from a list you defined.
- Date: users can add a date via this field.
Make the field mandatory when signing up
You can select whether or not to make the field mandatory when new members sign up. If you make it mandatory, it will show in the signup form, and users need to fill it out (or select at least one option) when signing up to the platform. If you add a field to the signup form after some users have already signed up, this field will become a mandatory field to fill for users when trying to update their profile information.
Show it in the public profile
You can choose whether or not to show the information on the field in the user's public profile. If you do, everyone who visits the user's profile would see the information that the user provided (they are warned about this when signing up). If you don't, this information will only be visible to you, as an admin, when downloading the CSV file from your Admin panel's Users section.
- It is not possible to add a file type field. This will probably be developed in the future, but there is no timeline for it.
- It is not possible to have a custom optional field in the signup form. It needs to be mandatory, like all the other fields in the signup form.