Exporting the listing information from your marketplace to a CSV file is a great way for you to analyze this information and cross-reference it with other information that can also be exported. You can download this data, import it into a third party software like Excel or Google Spreadsheets, and create tables out of it.
How to download your marketplace listings
You can easily export the listing details to a CSV file (that can be viewed in Excel) with the following steps:
- Log in to your marketplace as an administrator.
- Open your Admin panel.
- Open the "Listings" tab.
- Click the "Export all as CSV" link in the top right, above the table.
- The download will start automatically.
Note: only administrators can export listing information.
What does the listing export file contain?
The CSV file export contains the following information:
listing_id: unique listing identifier
listing_title: the title of the listing
user_id: unique identifier of the author that created the listing (can be matched with the Users CSV export)
created_at: the timestamp when the listing was created
updated_at: the timestamp when the last update was made to the listing content
status: the current status of the listing
category: the category of the listing
order_type: the order type of the listing
main_image_url: the link to the main image of the listing
What is the export format?
You'll be able to download a CSV (Comma Separated Value) file. This is a text file where all fields are separated by a comma. You can open that file with any text or spreadsheet editor (like Notepad or Excel). It is not encrypted or password protected.
Here are more technical details on the file format:
- Fields are separated by the comma (,) symbol.
- Fields are enclosed with the quote (") symbol.
- There is an header row.
- File encoding is UTF-8.
What can you do with this data?
Lots of things! For example you can:
- Track how many listings each user creates
- Track your marketplace listings growth
- Find out what are the most popular categories and order types
- Store it to keep it as a backup,
- ...and more!