Every section of the landing page has different features that make them different from each other. However, there are a few common features that all of them have, with the exception of the Hero and the Footer. In general, the sections can be divided into the following parts:
- Section unique ID
- Section Content
- Call to action button
Section Unique ID
The section unique ID is a unique identifying name. This name can never be repeated in another section and cannot be changed after it has been saved. Instead of one being automatically assigned, you can set the name that allows you to identify the section in the future. If you made a mistake or gave your section a weird name, don't worry, it is only for internal purposes and nobody but your marketplace admins will be able to see the ID. The main purpose is to differentiate sections within the main page and the code.
This is perhaps the most important part of every section. It differentiates them from each other. If you want to learn how to edit each section's content follow the links bellow.
- Info section - one column
- Info section - two columns
- Info section - three columns
As it's name indicates, a call-to-action (CTA) button allows you to invite your users to perform an action like "sign up", "see more" or "post a listing".
You can decide if the CTA button is displayed or not by checking or un-checking the display box. If you want to display a CTA button, you can (and must) add the button text and the URL where the button leads to.
In this part of the editor, you can choose the background for the section, which can be an image, a color or nothing. If you decide to add an image or a color to the background, the font's color will change to white. When no background is set, the font will be dark gray. It is a good idea to alternate the backgrounds between sections to make your landing page more visually stunning.
If you choose to have an image as a background, an upload link will appear. To add an image, simply click on the "choose file" button and choose a file from your computer. You can also determine how the image will look, that is, how dark the image overlay will be.
- A section's size changes according to display or window size, which means the photo will not look the same in all display sizes. For best results, we recommend an image size of at least 1600 x 1200 pixels.
Image overlay options
- Dark: adds 50% darkness to the image. It is ideal for images with a lot of white or light colors. This way the slogan and description are visible regardless of the image.
- Light: adds 30% darkness. It is ideal for images with darker colors, when you still want to make sure that the text can be read.
- Transparent: add 0 darkness to the image. This is good for images that are already using dark colors.
You can determine the background color by entering a hex color value. You can find hex color values pretty much anywhere online. You can google it or follow the link within the editor.