Every section of the landing page has different features, which makes them different from each other. However, there are a few common features that all of them have, with the exception of the Hero and the Footer, which are quite unique. In general the sections can be divided in the following parts:
- Section unique ID
- Section Content
- Call to action button
Section Unique ID
A unique identifying name. This name can never be repeated and cannot be changed after it has been saved. You are allowed to set the name, instead of automatically assigning one, so that you can give a name that allows you to identify the section in the future. Once you set this ID, it cannot be changed. If you made a mistake or gave your section a weird name, don't worry, it is only for internal purposes and nobody but you will be able to see this name. The main purpose is to differentiate sections within the main page and the code and it will not be displayed anywhere publicly.
This is perhaps the most important part of every section and what differentiates them from each other. If you want to learn how to edit each section's content follow the links bellow.
- Info section - one column
- Info section - two columns
- Info section - three columns
As it's name says it a call-to-action (CTA) button allows you to invite your users to perform an action like "sign up", "see more" or "post a listing".
You can decide if the CTA button is displayed or not by checking/un-checking the display box. If you want to display a CTA button, you can (and must) add the button text and the URL of page that you want the button to link to.
Within this part of the editor you can choose the background that you want to add to this section, which can be an image, a color or nothing. If you decide to add an image or a color to the background, the font's color will change to white, instead of the regular dark-gray, when there is no background. It is a good idea to alternate the background between sections to make your landing page more visually stunning.
If you choose image, you will be able to see the settings for adding an image. To add an image simply click on the "choose file" button and choose a file in your computer. You can also determine how the image will look; how dark the image overlay will be. You can choose between: dark, light and transparent.
- The section size changes according to the different display or window size so the cover photo will not look the same in all display sizes. For best results we recommend an image size of at least 1600 x 1200 pixels.
Image overlay options
- Dark: adds 50% darkness to the image. It is ideal for images with a lot of white or light colors. This way the slogan and description are visible regardless of the image.
- Light: adds 30% darkness. It is ideal for images with a little bit darker colors, but when you still want to make sure that the text can be read.
- Transparent: add 0 darkness to the image. This is good for images that are already using dark colors.
You can determine the background color by entering a hex color value. You can find the hex color value pretty much anywhere online. You can google it or follow the link within the editor.