When connecting your PayPal account, you may get the following notification from the marketplace: “You have not verified your PayPal account. You need to go to paypal.com and verify your account before you can continue.” Verification is required by PayPal.
To verify your account, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your PayPal account.
- Go to "Summary."
- Confirm your email address and/or phone number.
- Confirm your credit card. You can find more information about the process here.
- Once the steps above are successfully completed, on the same "Summary" page, click "Link your bank.”
- Select your bank from the icons or proceed with adding card details.
- Enter your bank account's online login information. The verification process will start.
- You will be prompted to confirm your identity with another security check, this time from your bank, rather than PayPal. Enter the code your bank sends via text.
Your account should now be verified, and you should be able to connect it. You’ll find step by step instructions here. Remember also to grant the marketplace permission to charge a commission, and you are ready to accept payments.
Please note that requirements for verification may vary between different countries. If you have any issues with verification, don't hesitate to contact PayPal support to learn more.