Right now, this isn't integrated within Sharetribe as it can be quite specific but there are solution to add it.
Build your cookie consent warning pop-up
Lots of services offer easy ways to quickly gather some code to provide a cookie consent pop-up. One of them is from WebsitePolicies To configure it, you should:
- go to https://www.websitepolicies.com/create/cookie-consent-banner
- follow the steps to customize the code as much as you want
- copy the code
Keep the code you copied to add it to your marketplace!
Add your cookie-consent code to your marketplace
To enable it, you should:
- log in with your administrator account in your marketplace,
- open your admin panel,
- go to the Design section,
- paste the code created in earlier in the Custom Script section,
That's it! Your custom cookie consent pop-up will be visible to all your visitors!
What are cookies used for in a Sharetribe marketplace
Right now, cookies are only used to store a
session_id value. Later in the Sharetribe system this value is used to find who this user is and adapt the display based on their settings.
The cookie is named
_st_com_session At present, this cookies are not used to store any personal information. This cookie is valid for 1 month.