Follow these instructions to setup your own domain for your marketplace when using SiteGround as your registrar. You will need to configure your DNS records and make your domain name point to Sharetribe servers. Note that it may take up to 48 hours before these changes work across the internet. Also note that there are further manual steps that we need to do on our side in order to complete the setup process, so it is important for you to let us know once you have done these changes.
You can also read the official SiteGround documentation, if needed.
Please note that the following instructions only applies to marketplaces under a Pro or above subscription.
- Log in to your SiteGround account.
- Click on the "My Accounts" tab.
- Click on the red "Go to CPanel" button at the top-left of the page.
- Once CPanel loads, in the top box, labelled "Domains", click on "Advanced DNS Zone Editor".
- Select the domain you wish to edit from the drop-down.
- In the "Zone File Records" box, locate the line which shows your domain with a full-stop afterwards and is of type "A" (probably the top one), then click on "Edit".
- Change the "Address" to "18.104.22.168" or "22.214.171.124" (pick the one you prefer!).
- Click on "Edit Record" to confirm.
If you have further questions, don't hesitate to contact SiteGround's support team. You can also contact our support team and we will be happy to help, but you might be able to receive more specialized support from their team.