If you want to verify your marketplace using Google Search Console (GSC) (previously named Google Webmaster Tools or GWT), you can do it by adding Google's verification code as a custom script to your marketplace.
Add your website at Google Search Console
- Log in GSC with your Google account at https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/ and follow the instructions to configure your website.
- When asked to chose a verification method, chose "HTML tag". Copy the tag that is displayed. It looks something like this:
<meta name="google-site-verification" content="fjXvx4lEjsk876gksçKjgç0sjg99WwzB3QFldg8yCfkj1u4h61ej7C50drQI"/>
Add the GWT verification tag to your marketplace
- Open the "Design" tab from your Sharetribe admin panel.
- At the bottom of the page, paste the copied verification tag into the "Custom script" field.
- Save your settings. That's it! Your marketplace is now verified with the Google Webmaster Tool.
Add the sitemap
- In Google Search Console, go to the Crawl section then Sitemaps.
- Click the ADD/TEST SITEMAP red button on the top right.
- In the field that opens, enter sitemap.xml.gz and hit Submit.
- That's it! Google now knows about your sitemap file and will index its content over time.
More information about GWT and custom scripts
You can learn more about Google Search Console from Google support.
You can learn more about custom scripts in Sharetribe from this article.