Exporting the transaction information from your marketplace to a CSV file is a great way for you to analyze this information. You can download this data, import it into a third party software like Excel or Google Spreadsheets, and create tables and graphs out of it.
How to download your marketplace transactions
You can easily export the transactions details to a CSV file (that can be viewed in Excel) with the following steps:
- Log in to your marketplace as an administrator.
- Open your Admin panel.
- Open the "View transactions" tab.
- Click the "Export all as CSV" link in the top right, above the table.
- The download will start automatically.
Note: only administrators can export user information.
What does the users export file contain?
The CSV file export contains the following information:
transaction_id: unique transaction identifier
listing_id: unique identifier of the listing that the transaction is related to
listing_title: the title of the listing that this transaction is related to
status: the current state of the transaction
currency: the currency of the transaction
sum: the total amount that the buyer paid for this transaction
started_at: the timestamp when the buyer started the transaction
last_activity_at: the timestamp of the latest message or status change
starter_username: the username of the buyer
other_party_username: the username of the seller
What is the export format?
You'll be able to download a CSV (Comma Separated Value) file. This is a text file where all fields are separated by a comma. You can open that file with any text or spreadsheet editor (like Notepad or Excel). It is not encrypted or password protected.
Here are more technical details on the file format:
- Fields are separated by the comma (,) symbol.
- Fields are enclosed with the quote (") symbol.
- There is an header row.
- File encoding is UTF-8.
What can you do with this data?
Lots of things! For example you can:
- Track how many transactions happen per week
- Track your marketplace transactions growth
- Find out who are the most important providers and buyers
- Store it to keep it as a backup,
- ...and more!
Did you know that you can also export your users' information as a CSV file? Click here to learn more!